Monday, October 1, 2012

Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts: Chapter 8 Reflection

In the text Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, the eighth chapter is about Podcasting, Video and Screencasting, and Live Streaming.

This reading impacted my thinking about technology's role in education.  Until this class, I had never listened to a podcast.  Sure, I'd heard of them, but I never bothered exploring them.  Now I realize how useful they can be in the education field.  I've enjoyed the the live streams of my favorite authors and musicians, but I've never thought about how they could impact a classroom.

As a teacher I will have my students create podcasts because they are a great way to show off student knowledge in a fun and interesting way. I also like the idea of screen casting to better explain concepts to parents and children.  So many people are visual learners, so screencasting is a great way to explain a concept in contrast to written notes or a youtube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment