Sunday, November 4, 2012

Self-Grading tests

Recently in class we worked with self-grading online quizzes.

I think that the time taken to set up a self-grading test would be well worth the outcomes.  Online quizzes have a lot of different features that show which questions students got wrong which can give the teacher immediate feedback in what they need to teach differently.  I also like how self-grading quizzes can give immediate feedback to the student.  This way, I could design a test where a student needs to get a 100% to pass it, but the student would receive immediate feedback about which questions they got wrong.  This way, the student could go look up the answers in the book, proving they've at least looked at the material, and then take the test again.

Online quizzes are great ways to teach young adults and have numerous benefits.  It would be a little bit more difficult for me, however, to use online self-grading tests in my classroom because I intend on teaching in elementary schools.  However, if I can get all of the students a device on which to take a quiz, I think it would be a fun way to switch up how students take tests. As teachers, we need to pander to students love of technology and desire for variety in instruction.  Using online quizzes are a great way to benefit the student in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment