Sunday, November 11, 2012

Creating a Professional Learning Community

Recently, three of my friends and I created a Personal Learning Community to look at how ereaders and tablets can be used in the classroom to better foster learning. The site can be found here

I think that we all contributed pretty equally on the PLC.  The only extra little thing that I did was create a Google Doc so that we could get our thoughts organized in advance. 

There is a great value in comopleting a task such as this.  One important part was learning how to use Google Sites.  Another important aspect of working together on the PLC was just that, collaborating with peers.  Finally, this task required us to research an issue related to educational technology and explore the answers.  

Completing the PLC page will help me because through this assignment I found a lot of really good apps for foriegn language education.  Also, I realized how easy it is to create, edit, and maintain a google site.   I hope to use a site such as this one when I am a teacher.  

No comments:

Post a Comment