Monday, September 17, 2012

Multitasking Reflection

The main point of the Frontline videos, the article "Multitasking Makes You Less Productive" and the Multitasking game was the dangers of multitasking.  Our generation is more apt to multitasking, however we  aren't necessarily very good at it.  When I played the game, I never made it past playing three different flash games at the same time.  Also, with every game that was added, it became more and more difficult to maintain all of the games at the same time.

The resources that I looked at impacted my thinking about technology's influence on multitasking.  Technology has given my generation a lot more resources that can be accessed with the click of a button.  We have smartphones, tablets, laptops, music players, and dozens of other devices that are constantly being checked and fussed with.  I now understand that I am distracting myself an decreasing my performance rather than multitasking.

As a teacher I will make sure that my students are constantly engaged.  Also, if we are not using a piece of technology, there is no need for that technology to be turned on. For example, if we are not actively using laptops in a class, then they should be turned off or at least shut.  The minds of students are likely to wander off if they are not actively engaged.

No comments:

Post a Comment